This policy was updated on 15th May 2018. Should it be updated in the future we will post any changes on the website.
Who are we?
For the purpose of GDPR the data controller is People and Numbers Limited. CV Righter is part of People and Numbers Limited. People and Numbers Limited is a company that provides services across Accountancy, HR and IT support to both businesses, sole traders and private individuals.
People and Numbers Limited is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998, No. awaiting certificate
At CV Righter we comply with GDPR, by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and this policy outlines what information we collect from you, how it is collected, why it is being collected, how it will be used and who it will be shared with. We do not sell your information to any third parties and do not intend to do so in the future. We are registered with the Data Protection Act. Our policy lays out
- the type of personal data that we collect
- how and why we collect and use your personal data
- the rights you have when it comes to your personal data
- this policy applies to you if you use any of our services including visiting the website
How do we collect information from you?
- Buy a service from us
- Ask us for more information about a product or a service
- Contact us with a query or a complaint
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
- Your name, address or location, telephone number, date of birth, IP address, nationality, gender, company name and email address
- Information enabling us to provide the services purchased for example; age, location, current salary, current and previous job roles and job responsibilities
- Banking information where bank transfers are used for making payments or paypal user name/ registered email and registered address
- During coaching sessions, we may also take notes to enable us to support you and if so you will be provided with a copy of the notes following each session
Submitting your CV
You are responsible for the content of your CV. When you send us your CV whether for a free review or to commence a service, we assume that all information contained within it is accurate and truthfully represented.
We will not share your CV or any other personal information with any other parts of People and Numbers Limited
Should you submit your CV for a free review we will provide the review to the email address provided, but you will receive no further direct marketing from us.
We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Analytics – eg how visitors use our website
We use Google Analytics to store information about how visitors use our website so that we may make improvements and give visitors a better user experience.
An IP or Internet Protocol Address is a unique numerical address assigned to a computer as it logs on to the internet. Dains LLP do not have access to any personal identifiable information and we would never seek this information. Your IP address is logged when visiting our site, but our analytic software only uses this information to track how many visitors we have from particular regions.
Internet Based Advertising
We use Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter advertising services and as such there are tracking codes installed on our website so that we can manage the effectiveness of these campaigns. We do not store any personal data within this type of tracking.
How do we use Personal Information?
We may use your information to:
- Process the goods and services you’ve bought from us, and keep you updated with your order progress
- Respond to any questions or concerns you may have about using our products or services
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes, recover debts or trace those who owe us money
- We’ll store your information for as long as we have to by law. If there’s no legal requirement, we’ll only store it for as long as we need it.
- We’ll also keep some personal information for a reasonable period after your contract has finished – just in case you decide to use our services again or require a copy of your documents. This will include a copy of your completed CV, Cover Letter and LinkedIn profile as applicable. These are kept on servers that are password protected and all data is encrypted. Unless requested by you we will delete these documents after this period. We will not contact you about our services during this time
Sharing your personal information – Who has access to your information?
We will only share your information with others when we have to do so or are authorised to do so by law this may include Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities
How do we protect your information?
All details and documents are stored on a secure server which is password protected and encrypted.
Should you wish to see what personal information we hold about you; this can be requested in writing at any time. Please do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or filling in the online contact form on the website.
If you believe we’re holding inaccurate information about you, please contact us by email email@example.com
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information People and Numbers Limited hold about you (we may charge £10 for information requests) to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Third Party Links:
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
This Company does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
Cash, Paypal, all major Credit/Debit Cards or BACS Transfer are all acceptable methods of payment. Our Terms are payment in full prior to telephone consultation, prior to first coaching session or prior to delivery of draft documentation should the client decide not to have the consultation call. All goods remain the property of the Company until paid for in full.
Should payment not be received in advance as outline above we reserve the right to terminate the agreement and in this case all bookings and/or transactions and agreements entered into will cease with immediate effect until such time as any and all outstanding monies are recovered in full.
Minimum 24 hours notice of cancellation required. Notification for instance, in person, via email, mobile phone ‘text message’ and/or fax, or any other means will be accepted subject to confirmation in writing. We reserve the right to levy a £30 charge to cover any subsequent administrative expenses.
Termination of Agreements and Refunds Policy
Both the Client and ourselves have the right to terminate any Services Agreement for any reason, including the ending of services that are already underway. No refunds shall be offered, where a Service is deemed to have begun and is, for all intents and purposes, underway. Any monies that have been paid to us which constitute payment in respect of the provision of unused Services, shall be refunded.
You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs and text available through this site. Redistribution or republication of any part of this site or its content is prohibited, including such by framing or other similar or any other means, without the express written consent of the Company. The Company does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, although it is provided to the best ability. By using this service you thereby indemnify this Company, its employees, agents and affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused.
Links to this website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from this website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Company’s services and the full content of this website.
We have several different e-mail addresses for different queries. These, & other contact information, can be found via our Contact Us link on our website or via Company literature or via the Company’s stated telephone, Twitter, facebook or mobile telephone numbers.
CV Righter is part of People and Numbers and is registered in England and Wales, Company No. 08581473
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
The laws of England and Wales govern these terms and conditions. By accessing this website and using our services or buying our products you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorised representatives of the Company.
Notification of Changes
These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between the Client and ourselves. Your accessing of this website and/or undertaking of a booking or Agreement indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the Disclaimer Notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.
© CV Righter 2015 All Rights Reserved